Memories are created by emotions, not money. Money can enhance the experience, but utimately, its your attitude towards the event that makes it a good/bad memory.
Sisterhood
I remember my childhood days.
My da jie will pick me from the void deck after my pre-school and cook lunch for me, asking me to name the songs we hear on the radio, playing with me..
My er jie will teach me how to not eat our lunch (So that our Mama wont scold us) by throwing it away or hiding the rice somewhere in the kitchen... I also remember you bullying me..hahah..always scolding me.
I remember how the 3 of us will watch a Ghost movie video tapes, followed by a comedy movie to make us forget the "scary" feeling.
I remember mama bring us shopping at beauty world, at Sogo, buying us almost anything that we want
I remember er jie being my tuition teacher in my primary sch days, torturing me...haha...and I know I tortured you badly too. Hahah...i call you all da jie and er jie...but now...its ah lian and ah ping...I have grown up rit! hee...or do u all prefer me to address u as jiejies...=)
I remember our family holidays to japan, korea, SEA, australia, etc when we are young. Our first experience with snow, taking aeroplanes, learning new cultures, meeting different people, and knowing more abou our own family...
My Love
I met Porky in my poly yr 1 days. Our first encounter was at blk 85 food centre. You were then in JC, undecided and unsure of the future (you still are now)...and I believe you mentioned it was love at first sight (though you will deny it now). You said yesterday that I look gongz with my knee-length socks, leopard skin organizer..haha....i am guilty of all these fashion faze..haha...but it was the rage then.
I remember our first outing to marina square. You were late, but u rushed down in a cab. Then I didnt understand why you would be late, but now, knowing you, I know why. You were too busy styling your hair. It was the year of rabbit then, and we went to see a rabbit fair. You made fun of me, saying i was the dwarf rabbit.
I remember how u look forward to me appearing on ICQ and our phone calls (but now u talk to me for less than 5 mins on phone). I remember you telling me how you got injured on your finger (Being slammed by a door). I remember you accompanying me to my piano lesson. I remember you washing my car, being my slave...haha. I remember your phone calls in the night. I remember you blaming me for watching "You got mail" first.
I remember how it took me almost 3 years to give you a chance, to give us a chance of a relationship. It was by a stroke of fate and luck..hahhaa...if Andrew & Grace Home wasnt around, guess perhaps we wouldn't be together. I remember how you tricked me to become your gf with a pitiful looking bear and forcing me to be with you at Pasir Ris and East Coast Park.
I remember u in your army days and me in my uni.
I remember you walking a long hilly road with me to my old campus at Bukit Timah, you waiting endlessly for me at my group study room, you waiting for last bus at my bus stop, riding on your motorcycle...
I remember me taking 168 bus from bedok to Sembawang interchange to wait for you to finish yr work at camp and taking the bus together with you back to Bedok again. I remember me being petty, snobbish and angry with you. Sorry.
I remember you working in AIA.
I remember accompanying you for your tests at Suntec. I remember waiting for you at Alexandra and taking bus 14 back, watching "Desperate Housewife" on TV mobile. I remember our Thailand trip with your AIA colleagues.
I remember you working in UOB.
I remember waiting for you at your branch. I remember buying our first car "Chevy" together. I remember your tiredness and frustration at work, and yet I am not able to lessen your stress, and in fact am adding on to your unhappiness.
I remember you training as a FS.
I remember cooking for you my famous porridge, western food, cai fan, and how you said everything tastes the same. $%$%#$!. I remember my spiteful and angry words. ...
The remaining days from March onwards, I rather not mention
Now, I am happy again. I do still have my moments of unhappiness/frustrations/despair, but I try to be optimistic and smile for the people that I love.
When I reflect on all old memories, its all bitter and sweet at the same time. However I realise that when u are living at that moment, you won't realise how happy and content you are at that time.
So its good that today, at this moment, I realise that I am happy and content with my life.
I hope you are too. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment