Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Why this was started

Someone close to me (Let's call him Mr Porky) secretly started blogging since beginning of Oct and only disclosed it to me a few days ago. Mr Porky spends more effort and thought on his blog than with talking to me. The quality of the content in his blog is far more superior than our conversation.

Let me site an example:

Our usual night tele-conversation
Mr Porky: What are you doing?
Me: Watching tv
Mr P: Oh..okay then you go watch, I am playing my soccer game.
Me: Okay bye

Okay, maybe I can make some effort and initate some conversation, but I am sick and tired of doing so! Now when he calls, I simply want to hang up and sleep. I need no sleeping pills, his calls are good enough for me.

Anyway, back to my point, seeing that Mr Porky is enjoying his blogging (where he describes in detail each and every major happenings in his life), I decided to start one of my own, where I can share my thoughts, grumbles, unhappiness, happiness, and everything else at the "safety" of this virtual world. Maybe I will enjoy it as much as he does.

This blog serves the following purpose:
1) Porky has one, so do I
2) For me to better articulate my thoughts
3) Keep track of major events in my life
4) An avenue for destress? Time will tell whether this works

MAybe Porky and I should break up

No comments: